Before you go looking for your dream home, the obvious question that will come up is: Should I go for a gated community or an independent apartment? Exclusivity is the first thing that comes to our mind when we think of gated communities. There is an air of mystery behind the big gates. Well, before you decide, consider the following advantages of living in gated communities as opposed to independent apartments:
1. Regulated Vehicle Speeds: This is a common problem especially with kids around. In independent stand-alone apartments, vehicles turning from busy main roads into quiet residential roads drive too fast making it unsafe for drivers coming out of driveways and children. However, a gated community resolves that problem because drivers have to stop before entering the community and that automatically slows down their speed making the roads safer for children and people inside.
2. Higher Security & Privacy: A security gate at the entrance will obviously mean a consistent deterrent to thieves and vandals. The main reason being thieves and troublemakers usually go for easier targets.
3. Close-knit community: Gated communities bring a greater sense of community along with them. Because it is a controlled environment, there is an increased sense of awareness among the members as a result of which, they are close-knit. Block parties, community yard sales, street sports, and other friendly events are quite common in gated neighbourhoods.
4. Higher property values: Gated communities have a lot more amenities when compared to stand-alone buildings. For instance, there are clubhouses, fitness centres, meditation rooms etc. making the property value higher. As a result of this, resale values of gated communities are usually much higher than stand-alone apartments. Therefore, it is safe to say that gated communities are sound investment opportunities too.
5. Controlled entry & exit: One of the greatest advantages of living in a gated community is that you don’t have to entertain anyone you don’t want to. You won’t ever have to worry about interacting with pushy salesmen or fill up annoying marketing surveys. Gated communities are under constant surveillance and the security guard at the entrance records the details of people entering and exiting the premises.
Well, the advantages of living in a gated community are many. Starting from greater privacy to a sense of greater community living the list is endless. If you are planning to buy a home in a gated community, here are some enchanting options for you: https://www.aparnaconstructions.com/project/