ANDHRA PRADESH GOVERNMENT’S NEW PLANS TO IMPROVE URBAN INFRASTRUCTURE
In 2014, after its separation from Telangana, Andhra Pradesh has had many challenges. Bridging the gap between the growing needs of nascent cities and the urban infrastructure available is one such challenge. To combat this task, the Andhra Pradesh government has come up with a systematic plan. This plan will not only improve the urban infrastructure but will also make AP a lucrative destination for real estate investments.
Here’s a summary of Andhra Pradesh government’s new plans to improve urban infrastructure:
- The infrastructure development plans are divided into two phases.
- Phase 1 is the Critical Infrastructure Investment Plan (CIIP). It aims at targeting the Critical Infrastructural needs of the state. The plans include ensuring the provision of piped drinking water supply, flawless sewerage system, roads etc. to all the 110 Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) identified in the state.
- Phase 1 is said to be completed by 2020 with a budget of Rs. 10,742.
- Phase 2 of the urban infrastructure development plan includes improving all the service level indicators in the state in order to match the National Service-Level Benchmarks.
- Apart from sectors like drinking water supply, sewerage system and roads, the development plans also aim to improve – stormwater drainage, solid waste management, greenery and availability of LED street lights.
- Statistically speaking, 9.95 lakh households will be furnished with water supply, 13,132 Km of storm/ rain water drains will be laid and 5,482 Km of the road will be constructed.
- With regards to the funding, the government is taking steps to borrow from international financial institutes like the World Bank, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, etc. The government is also hoping to derive some funds from central government schemes like AMRUT (Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation), the Smart Cities Mission, etc.
With the target to meet the National Service-Level Benchmarks, the AP state government will achieve two objects – one, to provide all the basic facilities to its citizens to fulfil their primary needs; second, to make AP more investment-friendly. To know more about the real estate development in this budding state visit Aparna Constructions today.
Last updated on May 3, 2018