Suburbs vs City: Which is Better and Why?
It is a dilemma to try and decide whether to live in the suburbs or enjoy the city life. While the suburbs can be refreshing, life in the city can keep you well-connected with everyone and everything. Each place has its own pros and cons that can help you decide which suits your needs best in the present time and in the future as well.
To help you make the decision faster, here are some pros and cons of living in a suburb or a city.
Pros of living in the suburbs
- The suburbs have a lower crime rate compared to cities, which is a safety concern for most people, especially parents. People living in suburban areas are often close-knit in communities and always look out after each other in every possible way.
- Buying space in suburban areas is a lot cheaper than in the city. This means that you can buy more square feet of land in the same amount that you would invest to have a city life.
- Suburban areas are more peaceful and truly far from the madding crowd of the city life. If you are looking for a quiet evening after work, to rewind and recharge for the next day, then the suburbs are the perfect place for you to be in.
- Your workplace and children’s schools are going to be at a walkable distance.
- Your pets and children have more space to play since it is less crowded.
Cons of living in the suburbs
- Most suburbs do not have enough public transportation, and everything is not easily accessible. You must own a car to travel everywhere, even for groceries.
- The job market in the suburbs is limited, hence making it is more competitive.
- There are fewer places to visit in the suburbs and life is slower. This can make it a boring affair.
- The infrastructure in the suburbs is not well-developed. That is why they lack even the most basic necessities.
Pros of living in the city
- All your options are covered when you live in the big city from night clubs to concerts and museums too. You can be sure of a planned weekend in the city.
- All basic amenities are within your reach. With resources like the internet at hand, you do not have to step out of your comfort zone just to get some groceries.
- Medical facilities are easily accessible with better doctors and facilities to take care of you.
- Public transportation makes travelling easier, without having to worry about not owning a car, parking space, or traffic.
- There are more job options in the city as compared to the suburbs.
Cons of living in the city
- Even though you might earn more money in the city the cost of having a city life is always higher.
- The high level of noise and pollution in the city are some of the deterrents of living here, even if it is in a residential area.
- The city lacks space, unlike the suburbs. So, if you are someone who would like a lawn or garden to be a part of their homes, the city is not for you.
- Crime rates are higher in the city, which is a cause of concern for most people.
The bottom line here is that whichever area you choose to live in, weigh out your options carefully. Be it suburbs or the city, Aparna Constructions has numerous projects in both areas for you to choose from. Click here to have a look at them and discover your dream home.
Last updated on May 6, 2019